Toll Free: (833)336-3988

Set Aside Contracts

Set aside contracts are contracts that must be given to small businesses registered with SAM. Most contracts are awarded to businesses that have socio-economic certification. Certifications such as Women Owned Small Business, Veteran and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, 8a Certified (Minority) or HUBZone Certified are chosen above non-certified businesses. According to, in order for small businesses to get their fair share of government contracting work, any contract between $10,000 and $250,000 gets set aside specifically for small businesses registered with SAM (the System for Award Management). Set-asides can be awarded up to $750,000 for small businesses.

set aside contracts

Competitive Set-Aside Contracts

These set aside contracts are dedicated to small businesses who can perform the work or provide the requested products. There has to be at least two businesses to compete over the contract. All contracts under $150,000 are automatically set-aside for small businesses with very few exceptions.

Sole-source Set Aside Contracts

These set aside contracts are the kind of contract that is awarded without a competitive bidding process. Usually, this only happens when one single business can perform the work, and there is no other necessary competition for the contract. You have to be registered with SAM and be in any contracting program available to your business.

Government Contracting Programs for Set Aside Contracts

Businesses who are certified as a socio-economic small business are eligible for these set aside contracts. The following set asides are available on the open market, but only to qualified businesses.

VOSB Set Asides

VOSB set asides make up good percentage of contracts available. You have to be certified as Veteran Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business to qualify for these set asides. There is a program called Vets First Verification Program that can verify your business is 51% owned by a veteran of the United States military. Select GCR can help you get VOSB certification or SDVOSB certification.


minority and woman set aside contracts 8a set asides WOSB set asides

WOSB Set Asides

WOSB set asides are only for Women Owned Small Businesses. You must be certified to get these contracts. You can get certified through the SBA. It’s a long and daunting application process that usually results in a rejected application. Select GCR is here to help you get a WOSB Certification!

8a and HUBzone Set Asides

Both Minority Owned Small Business and businesses located in HUBzones, as long as they are certified and are registered with SAM, can be awarded set aside contracts. Minority small business owners get certified under 8a certification. Historically underutilized areas (within a HUBZone) qualify for HUBZone certification.

How can Select GCR help you obtain set aside contracts?

Select GCR can facilitate your WOSB certification, VOSB certification, SDVOSB certification, 8a certification and HUBzone certifications for you. With minimal effort on your part, our certification specialists can get your application approved the first time around. Ensuring all information is filled out properly and accurately, as well as following the application through to completion, you really wont have to lift a finger. We can assure you that once you are certified, set aside contracts are available for you to go after.

Contact Select GCR for your free no cost, no obligation consultation and see what we can do to help your small business increase revenue by obtaining set asides. We have government procurement advisors on standby, morning to night, to answer all your questions on set-asides or certification. We have thousands of certifications under our belt and will provide you with experienced answers.


Certifications we offer include:

We offer other certifications based on state and national levels, just speak with a GPA today for more details! Click any of the links above to view qualifications for each certification.

Let Us Help You With Obtaining Set Aside Contracts

Speak To A Representative Now.