Exclusive Federal Business Opportunities for SDVOSB or VOSB Certified Businesses
If You’ve Served in the Military and You Own a Business…
You may qualify for a SDVOSB certification or VOSB certification. Most federal contracting opportunities are set aside for certified service disabled veteran owned small businesses and veteran owned small business. The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs is the agency used to certify small businesses as SDVOSB or VOSB.
What is SDVOSB and VOSB certification?
SDVOSB stands for Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business – this means military men and women who have become disabled due to their service for the United States of America and they already started their own small business
VOSB stands for Veteran Owned Small Business – this means all non-active military men and women who already own a small business.
In addition, research by the National Veteran Owned Business Association (NaVOBA), shows that 70 percent of Americans would prefer to do business with a veteran-owned business than one that is not veteran-owned.
Advertising your “veteran-owned business” status on your storefront, signage, website, letter head,
and at the bottom of e-mails may be all you need to attract new business opportunities.
How do I qualify for SDVOSB or VOSB?
The business must be considered small in accordance with NAICS size standards:
- Majority owned (at least 51%) by a Veteran, Service-Disabled Veteran or Surviving Spouse of a Service-Disabled Veteran and have full unconditional, direct management and operational control, as well as be the highest paid employee of the company; must also devote full time hours to the business
- Have form DD214 issued upon retirement or discharge from active military duty
- Company must be properly structured, registered, and licensed. As well as be legally organized and in good standing with all federal debts and obligations paid.
- Cannot be a member of a franchise
How do I apply for SDVOSB certification or VOSB certification?
The Small Business Development Act of 1999 established rules for government contracting. A minimum of 3% of total government contract awards must be reserved for eligible service disabled veteran owned small businesses. To explain, contracts must be “set aside” for SDVOSB or veteran owned small businesses. For that reason, many companies certify their business for VOSB or SDVOSB.
In addition, research by the National Veteran Owned Business Association (NaVOBA), shows that 70 percent of Americans would prefer to do business that have SDVOSB certification than one that is not veteran-owned. Which means advertising your “veteran-owned business” status on your storefront, signage, website, letterhead, and at the bottom of e-mails may be all you need to attract new business opportunities.
Prime businesses are also required to subcontract to service disables veteran owned small businesses as well as veteran owned small businesses. Veterans can use that to their advantage and “piggyback” these businesses. After they hit their required percentage, they still prefer to do business with those that are veteran owned.
What are the benefits of SDVOSB certification?
- Ability to bid on Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business set-a-side solicitations
- 3% of all federal monetary funds per year must be spent across Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Certified Contractors
- 20% Preferential Procurement assignment with all VA Procurements
- Access to Veteran Owned Small Business Conferences and Tradeshows Nationwide
- Access to SBA Office of Veteran Business Development which includes additional business training, counseling, and financial assistance
Why should you get SDVOSB certification?
You can apply for SDVOSB or VOSB certification on your own at NO COST to you. The website to apply for certification is https://vetbiz.va.gov/vip/prequal-quiz/. The SDVOSB certification and VOSB certification can be a complex process.
You must submit your application in one session and have the documentation readily available. Also, you must be verified before you even begin your application. The information you provide on the SDVOSB certification application must match the information the government has in your SAM registration as well.
The process could last 60 days
The whole process can be overwhelming for Veterans of all ages. Not only do you have business owner responsibilities to tend to, but you’d also have to carve out a few hours of time to sit in front of your computer. Between sales, service, payroll, paperwork you name it, there is not enough time in the day to sit and register for VOSB or register for SDVOSB.
The complexity of the SDVOSB certification process leaves many small business owners frustrated. This leaves their registrations registration for SDVOSB incomplete and gets some certifications denied. Most self-certified applicants get denied for inaccurate information. The entire process can take up to 90 days to be approved or denied.
Select GCR can take the annoyance completely off your plate. We handle the verification, application and maintaining your registration for VOSB. What’s better than having your own dedicated certification processor handle your certification for veteran owned small business from start to finish?
Read this article for more information on self-certifying.
Click here to download a copy of our FREE start up guide for SDVOSB certification or VOSB certification.
SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE NOW
Toll-Free: (727) 306-2201
Speak With A Contract Consultant Now About Programs for Your Veteran Owned Business
Submit Your Information Now and A Consultant Will Contact You Shortly
How can Select GCR help with your Veteran Owned Small Business certification?
Our Team Of Experienced Consultants And Processors
Can Assist Your Business with a Certification in Ways Including:
- Preparation and filing of your service disabled veteran owned small business registration and submitting supporting documentation
- Ensure all your business’ structure documents, state registrations, county registrations and federal registrations are in agreement to ensure certification and compliance
- Post award SDVOSB certification optimization
Its ok to say you need SDVOSB registration help. We are here to help you! We know just how long and tedious the certification for veteran owned small business process is. Let our professionals handle the whole process and get your business veteran owned small business or service disabled veteran owned small business certified right away!
Connect With Us
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Follow us to read client success stories, industry news, reviews, events and so much more!